Memories... Like Mom Made!

Memories... Like Mom Made!
Out of dark moments, flowers grow.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Mexican Chicken Lasagna

Tonight I made Mexican Chicken Lasagna, and my sweet, supportive husband taped me while I went through the motions like a Paula Dean, or a Rachael Ray...

I have to admit, this is the craziest way to cook!!! But I kind of like it...

So I will be entering this recipe and video in the Paula Dean: Real Women of Philly competition, along with a few others.

Here is the recipe

3 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 onion chopped
1 can chopped green chiles
1/2 package cream cheese, softened for 1 minute at half power (after trial and error I suggest only using half the package, though my video says 1 package)
1/4 sour cream (this too is an adjustment)
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
1 can green enchilada sauce, or your favorite enchilada sauce
Cilantro
Flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350
Grease a medium sized casserole dish. I used a 8x10, but a 9x9 would work fine.

Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, onions, chiles, chicken, and about 1/2 cup of the cheese together. Shred cilantro and mix in to chicken mixture.

Place a layer of tortilla(s) to cover the bottom of the dish. Spread the chicken mixture evenly on top of the tortilla. Top with cheese and a thin layer of sauce. Repeat with tortilla, chicken mixture, cheese and sauce until you run out of ingredients.

Top with remaining cheese.

Baking for about 30 minutes on 350, then set under the broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Let sit for about 5 minutes to rest so that it is easier to cut.

Serve with cilantro and sour cream to garnish.

Delicious with roasted corn and a light salad. I will post the roasted corn recipe soon.

Enjoy.

This can be changed easily to fit tastes: change type of tortilla, type of enchilada sauce, or type of meat to please even the pickiest eaters.

Recipe made the way it is written above can be cooked in the microwave, in a microwave safe covered cooker. Microwave about 7 minutes or until heated through.

1 comment:

  1. hey virgina its ashley thompson we met at the commisary and then at cdc/cdh training :) i finally had a second to check your blog after A LONG WEEK lol great site and your little landon is sooooo adorable. call me sometime for a play date i think i gave you my number:)

    ReplyDelete