Memories... Like Mom Made!

Memories... Like Mom Made!
Out of dark moments, flowers grow.

Monday, May 10, 2010

BBQ Pork Sandwiches with Baked Mac n Cheese

Friday night's dinner was half planned and half improvised... I was still on my baby fix and far more concerned with seeing baby Zane than cooking dinner. So I threw a pork roast into the crock pot in the morning, topped it with a bottle of our favorite BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's or Jack Daniels are the staples in this house), then poured about 1 1/2 - 2 cups Dr. Pepper on top. Then I put on the lid and turned it on low for 8 hours.

You can just use 1 can Dr. Pepper, or Coke, or Pepsi, or whatever. But we had a 2 liter Dr. Pepper, so I just dumped in a whole bunch... about 2 ish cups.

About 30 minutes before dinner was ready I brought some baby shell pasta to a boil on the stove and then drained it. Then I greased a casserole dish and layered pasta, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, cracker crumbs, and a little bit of evaporated milk. I continued until all the pasta was used up: about 3 layers. Then I baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the cheese on top is super bubbly.

Shred your pork in the crock pot and lift with a slotted spoon onto toasted buns (spray with pam and broil for 2-3 minutes, cut side up, on a cookie sheet) and top with more BBQ sauce, and then the bun. Serve with baked Mac n Cheese and a salad.

Super yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment